Flagg Building

Flagg Building during NEXT 2016 exhibition

An integral part of the Corcoran’s history, the Flagg Building was designed by Ernest Flagg, a noted American architect in the Beaux-Arts style. The building opened in 1897 and now houses many of the programs that make up the Corcoran School of the Arts and Design.

The building received D.C. historic landmark status in 1964 and was listed in the National Register of Historic Places in 1971. The D.C. Historic Preservation Review Board designated most of the building’s interior historic in 2015.


Renovation

Building Renovations

The George Washington University has launched a multiyear, multiphase renovation of the Corcoran School's Flagg Building. Read more here

Corcoran Hallway

Building Map

Due to building renovations, room numbers have changed, galleries have been renamed and new offices have been installed. See more here.