Join us for a new professional development workshop series this spring. We will be offering three sessions each on a different topic. If you are thinking about securing an internship, job, or applying to grad school, you won't want to miss this series. This series has been developed by your Corcoran Ambassadors specifically for Corcoran students!
Session One - Resumes, Cover Letters, & Social Media
Wednesday, February 24 7 - 8:30 p.m. EST
Session One of this series will focus on Resumes, Cover Letters, and Social Media. At this session you will hear from GW staff, faculty, and alumni about their experience and expertise in developing resumes, cover letters, and utilizing social media for their careers.
Session One Panel
- Yacine Fall, Interdisciplinary Conceptual Artist and GW BFA Fine Arts Alumna, 2019
- Anna Hartge, Industry Career Coach, GW Career Services
- Tobias Russell, Musician
- Meghan Scott, Multi-Disciplinary Designer at //3877 and GW MFA Interior Architecture and Design Alumna, 2015
Session Two - Interviews & Networking
Wednesday, March 10 7 - 8:30 p.m. EST
Session Two of the series will focus on Interviews & Networking. At this session, professionals from the performing arts and design industries will talk about tips and techniques to help you navigate interviewing and networking in the professional world.
Session Two Panel
- Matt Eich, Assistant Professor, Photojournalism
- Jenney Fazande, Director of Exhibits at the National WWII Museum and Corcoran MA in Exhibition Design Alumna, 2013
- Allyson Currin Stokes, Adjunct Professor of Theatre
- Michelle Manzanles, Director, School of Dance, Ballet Hispánico
Session Three - Applications: Jobs, Grad School, Residencies & Grants
Wednesday, March 24 7 - 8:30 p.m. EST
Session Three of the series will focus on Applications. Whether you are applying to an internship or job or applying to start for a residency or graduate school, you won't want to miss this session. Join Corcoran faculty from our Performing Arts, Studio Arts, and Design areas for tips on portfolios, auditions, and applications.
Session Three Panel
- Melissa Busskohl, Director, Graduate Studies and Student Services, GW
- Michele Carlson, Associate Professor, Printmaking, Studio Arts
- Sara Jamshedi, Assistant Professor, Graphic Design
- Stevie Otto, Director of Recruitment and Admissions at Southern Methodist University
- Matt Wilson, Associate Professor of Theatre
Point of contact: Jacqueline Emerick [email protected]