As a student in the Corcoran, you have the opportunity to use innovative spaces to create your art, both as a part of class and outside of it. From specialty studios, labs and spaces, you can explore and push the limits of your creativity.
USING OUR SPACES
All students must follow GW's Covid-19 safety protocols and be cleared to be granted access to the buildings. You must wear a mask the entire time you are in the studios and sign in is required.
Please note that using our spaces requires that you be a currently registered Corcoran student, training before use, and are contingent on class schedules. If you have any questions, contact [email protected] or check the open studio calendars for real time updates.
Please consult individual studio schedules to see availability.
Forms for Faculty
- Equipment/Facility Report
- Supplies Request Form
- Training Form
- Request Software for Labs Form
- Model Request Form
- Crit & Class Project Reservation Form
- Faculty: Crit & Class Project Reservation Form
Need large format ink-jet prints? Have laser jobs and 3D prints to submit to the service bureau? Submit print jobs on our new web portal: go.gwu.edu/CSADservice
go.gwu.edu/CSADservice is the only method to submit jobs. This PDF guide makes it easy to navigate the portal and complete all your necessary print projects.
Kaitlin Jencso, Studio Manager / Instructional Technologist, Lens-Based Media
Abby Bender, Instructional Technologist, Scene Shop
Joe Bradley, Instructional Technologist, Ceramics
Caroline Casey, Studio Technician, 2D
Alessandra Echeverri, Instructional Technologist, Printmaking
James Huckenpahler, Instructional Technologist, Digital Coordinator
Daniel Jonas, Instructional Technologist, Wood and Metal
Nat Lewis, Studio Technician, 3D
Send your message to [email protected], the entire studio staff will see your message and the right person will get back to you.
500 17th Street, NW
At the Corcoran School, the Flagg Building is one of our homes on campus. The Beaux Arts building on 17th Street, three blocks from the original Renwick gallery, dates back to 1897. The first phase of renovations to the historic Flagg Building were completed in the spring of 2018. The main offices for the Corcoran School, the Interior Architecture, Design and Studio Arts degrees are located in the "Administrative Offices" to the left of the South Atrium.
Programs Found in the Building
- Fine Art
- Interior Architecture
- Exhibition Design
- New Media Photojournalism
- Interaction Design
- Graphic Design
Studios in the Flagg Building
- Flagg 143: Lighting Studio
- Flagg B106: Mold Making Studio
- Flagg B113: Etching/Lithography Studio
- Flagg B116/B116A: Book Arts/Letter Press Studio
- Flagg B124: Risograph Studio / Printmaking Flex Space
- Flagg B137: Print Service Bureau
- Flagg B148: Fabrication Lab
- Flagg B144: Glaze Hall
- Flagg B144A: Kiln Room
- Flagg B152: Painting Studio
- Flagg B154: Drawing Studio
- Flagg B162: Screenprinting Studio
- Flagg B169: Ceramics Studio
- Flagg B200: Wood Shop
Quick tip: Corcoran Hall (725 21st Street, NW) is not the Corcoran School's Flagg Building (500 17th Street, NW).
THEATRE & DANCE SPACES
Our Theatre and Dance classes take place in performance spaces where you can put what you learn directly into practice. Our administrative office is located in Building XX at 814 20th Street, NW (3rd Floor); XX is accessible any day with GWorld.
Programs Found in These Spaces
Studios Across Campus
- Building J Down
- Building J Up
- Building XX Room 202 (Theater)
- Leggette Room (University Student Center)
- Dance Studio (University Student Center)
- Scenic Lab (University Student Center)
- The Academy of Classical Acting (2129 G Street, NW)
- Costume Shop (Samson Hall)
MUSEUM STUDIES SPACES
2142 G Street, NW
Here, you will connect with Museum Studies faculty and staff as you progress through the program.
Our Music program is practical and experiential. You can study in classrooms and practice rooms. Our main administrative office is located in Phillips Hall, 801 22nd Street NW, B-144;
- Phillips (B-114, B-115, B-116, B-117, B-118, B-121, B-122, B-123, B-124, B-125, B-126): Practice Rooms
- Practice Rooms are also available on the Mount Vernon Campus in West Hall. These rooms are not managed or maintained by the Corcoran.
SMITH HALL OF ART
Programs Found in the Building
Studios in the Building
Smith 311: Tinker Space
STUDENTS ALSO WORK/INTERN/TAKE CLASSES AT:
Chorus America / DC Jazz Festival / Gallagher & Associates / The Kennedy Center / Library of Congress / The National Air and Space Museum / National Endowment for the Arts / National Portrait Gallery / NPR / PBS / S. Dillon Ripley Center / Shakespeare Theatre Company / Smithsonian Institution / Washington Concert Opera / The White House