Corcoran T-Shirt Contest
GW’s Corcoran School of the Arts & Design T-shirt Contest voting is now open! Vote here!
Open to all GW students.
Finalists will be selected by a committee of Corcoran professors by February 10, 2023. Finalists will receive $250 each to create one t-shirt design by March 10, 2023. Two winners will be selected in April 2023 by Corcoran faculty members, who will weigh the results of a social media vote by the Corcoran community. Winners receive a prize of an additional $500 each. Designs will be produced on t-shirts given out to the Corcoran community or sold in the GW Bookstore. Full contest rules here. For questions, email [email protected].
DATES AND DEADLINES
February 1, 2023: Applications are due! Apply here with your name, email, and link to past work. This can be a portfolio or a Dropbox drive folder with between 5 - 15 works. Upload your Dropbox folder submission to this link.
February 10, 2023: Finalists Selected.
March 10, 2023: T-Shirt Design Due from Finalists. See Final Shirt Design Criteria (below).
March 10-24, 2023: Voting for Design Contest Opens (Corcoran students, faculty, staff, and alumni)
April 1, 2023: Winning Design Selected.
May to August 2023: T-shirts produced.
T-SHIRT DESIGN CRITERIA (For Finalists)
- Must include the text “Corcoran School of the Arts and Design at the George Washington University” and/or a Corcoran logo on the sleeve of the shirt. The colors must also be in the approved colors listed in the folder.
- Limited to FOUR colors. Designers are encouraged but not required to use two colors from GW’s official palette. The use of teal is also encouraged but not required. You can see teal on this page: Pantone® 3288; CMYK 99/3/68/12; RGB 0/130/100; HEX 008364; HEX TV 035B4F; Madeira® 1280
- The design will be located on the front of the shirt. Max height and width is 12” x 12”
- Shirt color must be BUFF, BLUE or WHITE. See palette here for reference.
- Please submit both PDF and EPS files in vector format (with all text converted to outlines). All Finalists must submit their Designs in both PDF and EPS formatted files to this Dropbox location between February 10, 2023 and March 10, 2023.
- Design should celebrate pride in the Corcoran and creativity. Any original imagery or additional words are permitted.
- Winners will be selected by Corcoran faculty members, who will weigh the results of a social media vote by the Corcoran community (which will include students, faculty, staff and alumni).