The location for this permanent art sculpture will be on the corner of Florida Avenue & H Street, NE outside of Constellation on H. This is a highly visible area for traffic in and out of the H street corridor. The vision for this project is a signature and original sculpture highlighting the creative elements of the building, especially but not limited to the vibrancy and history of Ward 6 and the property in addition to the branding concepts and designs integrated at Constellation on H. This site specific art work should:
- Demonstrate artistic excellence
- Enhance the condominium building (Florida Avenue & H Street, NE) with a distinctive aesthetic experience both highly visible and welcoming to residents and pedestrians along H Street, as well as those traveling in vehicles and bicyclists
- Provide a recognizable identity for Constellation on H in tandem with branding and architectural guidelines
- Be an original piece of art appropriate for outdoor installation and appropriate to stand up to severe weather, vandalism, graffiti, etc. and be adequately safe and secured
- Consider site limitations
- Consider maintenance and upkeep
- Ground space on the site is limited and will require selected artist(s) to consider site limitations and placement previously determined by site architect and owner
- The design of the artwork must be anchored into concrete footers
- Longevity must be in mind – this is a sculpture that must withstand 20+ years
- Provide excitement and interest for the community as a whole
- Celebrate Ward 6’s rich heritage and Constellation on H identity
A maximum of a $15,000 Commission for the artist(s) selected to realize his/her work.
For more information, click here.