Location: Washington, DC
Job Function: Photography / Design / Marketing / Writing
Status: Unpaid Internship (Stipend for Travel)
goARTful is a startup technology company created to make it easier and more convenient for anyone to access art. goARTful provides a subscription service, technologies, and a community that make it easier to enjoy original and unique art and create meaningful connections to local artists. In doing so goARTful creates new revenue streams and marketing opportunities for artists. The result is a company which empowers artists along with aspiring collectors, art lovers, and those looking to brighten up their spaces and lives, with a new way to bring art into homes, businesses, and spaces. goARTful is a social enterprise and central to its mission will always be support for artists, arts non-profits, and the cultural industries which support them anywhere and everywhere in the world.
The artist intern program fits within our social mission and provides numerous opportunities to engage with our broader business and learn about technology companies and the arts. In going about our business goARTful helps artists to build theirs. Our artist intern will have the opportunity to help artists build their businesses by assisting goARTful marketing with social media related to promoting artists and their work, artists themselves in helping them to promote and socialize their partnership with us, and helping artists to create quality files suitable to be printers for goARTful members utilizing our platform to explore new art. You will get to work with experienced and emerging artists, learn about the business of art, and about the business of democratizing access to art for everyone.
- Assisting with an artist onboarding process which includes taking suitable high quality (200 DPI) photos of artists’ works for the goARTful collection
- Assisting with social media promotion of artists’ works
- Facilitating messages to artists for posts on their social media
- Working with the goARTful team to arrange meetings to recruit new artists
- Other responsibilities related to artists’ use of the platform and services as they arise
Qualifications & Requirements:
- Passion for the arts
- Current student or recent graduate at an accredited college or university
- Preferred: Current MFA, Photography
- Experience in photography, design
- A strong customer service orientation with the ability to interact with variety of internal and external stakeholders (primarily artists) in a highly professional manner
- Strong critical thinking, and analytic skills
- Ability to communicate effectively both orally and through written word
- Digitally fluent, and a strong knowledge of design tools such as Photoshop, Wordpress, MS Office and Microsoft Project.
- Sound judgment, maturity, and the ability to handle sensitive information (such as artists’ works) with discretion and poise
- Ability to travel occasionally to meet with artists
A travel stipend will be provided to assist with any travel. Interested candidates can apply by
emailing a resume and brief cover letter to info@goARTful.com.