- Program Head, Interior Architecture; Associate Professor of Interior Architecture
- Room 223A
Stephanie brings her passion for modern architecture and design to her courses and research. Her love of drawing led to her best-selling book, Sketching for Architecture + Design, which has been published in seven languages and is sold in museums around the world (including her favorite, the MoMA, in NYC). She has brought students abroad to study modern architecture in cities such as Paris, London, Copenhagen, and Berlin. Prior to GW, Stephanie lived and worked in New York City as an architect for renown designer Vicente Wolf Associates. A devoted modernist, she lives in a mid-century modern house with her husband, daughter, and son, who support her addiction to modern chairs, minimalism, and all things white.
- Book in Progress: Understanding Concepts in Modern and Contemporary Architecture (with C. Anderson), Bloomsbury Publishing, London
- Articles in press
- The International Journal of Architectonic, Spatial, and Environmental Design - "Pure Form: Tne Interior of the Hirshhorn Museum in Washington DC"
- The International Journal of Design Education - "Design Process: A Methodology for Ingetration Studios and Supporting Courses (with C. Anderson)"
- Journal of Architectural Histories - "Answering JFK's Call with a Modern Masterpiece: Marcel Breuer's Robert C. Weaver Building in Washington, DC"
- Sketching for Architecture + Interior Design
- Laurence King Publishing Ltd., London (2015)
- also published in French, Spanish, Portuguese, Korean, and Chinese; Russian forthcoming
- The International Journal of Architectonic, Spatial, and Environmental Design, Volume 9, Issue 3 (2015) - "The Forgotten Memorial: Mies van der Rohe’s Martin Luther King Jr. Memorial Library in the Nation's Capital"
- The International Journal of Design in Society, Volume 9, Issue 2 (2015) - "Philip Johnson’s Kreeger House: A Synthesis of Home and Museum"
- The International Journal of Design Education, Volume 7, Issue 3 (2014) - "Sketching as a Tool for Seeing: A Method for Teaching Drawing to Architecture and Interior Design Students"
- The International Journal of Design Education, Volume 6, Issue 3 (2013) - "The Design Critique: Faculty to Student, Student to Student, and Student to Self"
- Design Principles and Practices: An International Journal, Volume 5, Issue 6 (2011) - "Conceptual Thinking: Understanding and Emphasizing the Development of the Design Concept"
BS Architecture, University of Michigan - Ann Arbor
Master of Architecture (with distinction), University of Michigan - Ann Arbor
- Interior Design Educators Council (IDEC)
- International Interior Design Association (IIDA)
- Leadership in Energy and Environmental Design Accredited Professional (LEED AP)