Within the spirit of "Making People's Dreams Come True", the Photographer’s primary function is to document newsworthy events in the community through compelling photography captured in an authentic, ethical manner.
- Works closely across newsroom teams to develop the day’s top stories - whatever they may be.
- Produces images that allow readers to gain a better understanding of what the story is about. Writes accompanying captions that are accurate and descriptive.
- Delivers a high level of quality in the technical aspects of photography, such as composition, lighting and editing.
- Works both on a team and independently for long hours at a time, meeting established deadlines.
- Uses image-editing software such as Photoshop to prepare images for publication.
- Compiles the photo report in the absence of the photo managers.
- Fosters a culture of collaboration and contributes to a healthy team dynamic.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Associate's degree or equivalent from two-year college or technical school; or one year related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Must have valid driver’s license with record acceptable to company standards.
Benefits for Full-Time eligible positions:
Medical, Dental, and Vision Insurance | Basic Life & AD&D | Voluntary Life Insurance | HSA/FSA & 401k | PTO & Paid Holidays | The Villages® Charter School eligibility | and much more!
Questions? Contact:The Villages Human Resources & Risk Management