- Assistant Professor of Production Management & Technology,
Theatre & Dance Program
- Building XX, Rm. 111, 814 20th Street Northwest Washington, DC 20052
- jtraub[email protected]
John is currently the Assistant Professor of Production Management & Technology at the George Washington University, where he teaches numerous classes in Production Design and serves as the Technical Director for the Theatre & Dance Program. He also works as a subject matter expert in Arts Management, Production Design and fabrication for a large variety of clients throughout the East Coast. Production Management: Boston Midsummer Opera, Cutler Majestic. Project Manager: Design Concept Presentations, Breakthrough Productions. Technical Production: Maine State Music Theatre, Berkshire Theatre Festival, Boston University, Olney Theatre Center for the Arts, Catalyst Theatre, New Mexico Ballet, IATSE. Production Design: CBS News, Olney Theatre Center, New Repertory Theatre, Berkshire Theatre Group, Hanover Theatre, Boston University, Harvard University. Corporate clients include CBS, CNN, The White House, EBay, Sean John, Working Mothers Media and Empire State Pride Association, among many others. He holds numerous certifications in Workplace and Life Safety, Theatrical and Arena rigging and Forklift/Personnel Lift Training & Safety. Member, IBEW Local 1200. MFA, Boston University.
- Producing Director for Boston Midsummer Opera (Current productions: Melange Operatique, 2020; Don Pasquale, 2021) - Boston, MA
- Assistant Lighting Director for CBS Evening News - Washington, D.C.
- Kennedy Center American College Theatre Festival - National Student Playwrighting Award, Quest for Peace Award, David Mark Cohen Award: Fallujah (2011)
- National Players - Teacher Toolkit - Tour 66 (Contributor, 2015)
- AutoCAD for Theatre - Technical Editor/Reviewer (forthcoming)
- CNC Customer Stories - Laguna Tools Inc (forthcoming)
MFA - Theatre Design, The Boston University
- United States Institute of Theatrical Technology (USITT)
- International Brotherhood of Electrical Workers (IBEW) Local 1200