Take advantage of your artistic skills to teach basic pottery techniques to kids. Jimmy Potters Workshop is a mobile pottery workshop that combines Art History and Pottery in a one-hour ceramic enrichment workshop.
Our clay workshop is called Pottery Around the World that involves learning about different countries from around the world and students replicate that country's famous ceramic art through clay! For example; Morocco, Moroccan tiles, etc.
No experience with this program is no problem!
You'll receive thorough training, detailed curricula, and team support from a team of energetic educators. Our small staff includes students, professionals, and teachers who:
- Earn excellent compensation for a small time commitment ($56 - $72+ for 4 hours on weekday afternoons between 2:00-6:00pm)
- Love STEAM or want to learn more about it
- Want to make a valuable difference in their community
- Want to work and grow professionally for a successful company - we offer plenty of opportunities for professional development
- Come to staff parties -- working here means you get the chance to make new friends and have fun with clay
What do you need to be successful with Jimmy Potters Workshop?
- Own a reliable vehicle for transportation
- Have a minimum of 3 days a week of availability during the hours of 2:00-6:00pm from September through May (although we interview candidates throughout the year)
- Have the ability to transport 10-15 lbs of teaching equipment to and from clubs
- Experience working with elementary-age children, a STEAM background, or both
We teach in more than 200 schools all over Northern Virginia, Maryland, and Washington, DC.
To apply, click here.