Corcoran's Continuing Education program offers a variety of non-credit art and design courses for adults of all ages throughout the year. As a non-degree student, you can brush up on basics, develop further expertise or just have fun for a reasonable price. Afternoon, evening and weekend classes are available to work around your schedule. Courses are taught by leading professionals in their fields throughout the entire year. Questions? Email us at [email protected]!
**APPLICATIONS FOR FALL 2019 ARE NOW OPEN **
Applications for Fall 2019 non-degree students are currently open. Please submit your applications as soon as possible to allow for adequate time for processing and prevent late fees. Registration late fees are applied on the first day of class. Note: Registration for Fall 2019 classes opens on August 12th, 2019.
- Our Spaces
- Office of Non-Degree Students
- REGISTRATION HOW-TO (PDF)
- Course descriptions (pdf)
- Our Faculty
FALL 2019 OFFERINGS
- GW students currently registered in a degree program (undergraduate or graduate) at the university are not eligible to take Continuing Education courses.
- If you have been suspended from any educational institution for poor scholarship or are not in good standing at your current or a prior institution you will not be eligible to enroll as a non-degree student for one calendar year after the effective date of the suspension.
- If you’ve been denied admission to a degree or certificate program at GW, you will also not be eligible to enroll as a non-degree student for the same semester for which the application was denied.
For more detailed instructions on how to submit an application for non-degree student status and register for Corcoran Continuing Education courses, visit the Office of Non-Degree Students site. Please make sure you thoroughly read the instructions at the bottom of the page before submitting your application.
Students must first submit an application as a non-degree student. On the first page of the application, choose the following in order to apply as a non-degree student (each field must be selected before the following fields options will populate):
- What type of program are you applying to? Non-Degree
- School: Summer & Non-Degree Programs
- Field of Study: General Study
- Degree: Non-Degree
- Concentration: Not Applicable
- Term: Semester that you wish to apply for
Please note: Once you have paid your application, you MUST go back into the application and hit submit. If you pay your application fee and do not return back to your application, your application is incomplete and will not be processed.
Once your confirmation email arrives, use the GW student ID, or GWID, provided to create your GW NetID and GW email account. The NetID is required to access GW systems, and the GW email will be the address to which GW sends all official communications, including your student e-bill and detailed instruction on how to register for classes.
Once your confirmation email arrives use the GW student ID, or GWID, provided to create your GW NetID and GW email account. The NetID is required to access GW systems, and the GW email will be the address to which GW sends all official communications, including your student e-bill and instructions on how to register. Concise steps to register for classes are:
- Log in to the GWeb login page
- Enter your GWid and PIN
(PIN: Initial student PINs are six characters long and are generated according to the student's date of birth, in a MMDDYY format.)
3. Select ‘Student Records & Registration Menu’, then ‘Registration Menu’. Click ‘Register, Drop and/or Add Classes’ and select the appropriate semester.
(The first time you log in to GWeb you will be prompted to enter your current address. Failure to enter the information will prohibit your registration.)
4. Enter your desired CRNs (which are found on the Office of the Registrar) into the boxes and click on ‘Submit Changes'. You will immediately see if you have been successful or if there were any errors with your request(s).
5. You may add additional CRNs by entering them in the boxes. You may drop courses by using the 'Web Drop' Option in the Action Column next to the course you wish to drop.
Deadline: Potential Non-Degree students can apply starting one month before registration opens for any given semester (see the Office of the Registrar for exact dates) up to the start of the semester. Applications typically take 2-3 business days to process.
*Please note that if you are admitted and register after the first day of classes, you will receive a late registration fee. These dates and more can be found on the university’s Academic Calendar.
Once you register for courses, an electronic bill will be generated. No paper bill will be sent. All bills are due prior to the first day of the semester. The Student Accounts Office can help you understand and pay your bill.
To pay your bill, you will need to access the Student Account eBill.
If you register for classes after the first day of classes, payment is due by the following 10th or within 2 weeks, whichever is later.
GW is committed to supporting the continuing education of its faculty and staff. Full-time GW employees are eligible to utilize the tuition remission benefit.
What does the benefit cover?
The tuition benefit for continuing education course(s) will cover 75%, any excess (25% plus other charges/fees) will be your responsibility.
The percentage covers only the tuition costs in your bill and not finance charges, fees or books and it is based on the Columbian College rate (available at Student Accounts Office).
How to Apply
Before applying for the benefit, you must apply as a non-degree student and register for course(s). Once you register, the tuition remission benefits process is completed through the GWeb portal. For more information please visit the Tuition Remission website.
* Please Note: You must apply for tuition remission benefits EVERY SEMESTER.*
For more information about how to apply for the benefit and/or the tax exemption, please visit GW Benefits to review tutorials, FAQs, Tuition Remission Policy and more.