- Part-Time Professor of Theatre- Acting,
Theatre & Dance Program
- XX 101
- [email protected]
Tonya Beckman is an AEA/SAG-AFTRA actor and dialect coach.
- Helen Hayes Award nomination for Outstanding Lead Actress in a Play for The Skin of Our Teeth at Constellation Theatre
- She's appeared on stages all over the DC area as well as regionally, including Shakespeare Theatre Company, Kennedy Center, Folger Theatre, Arena Stage, Ford's Theatre, Cleveland Play House, Cincinnati Playhouse, Studio Theatre, and Purple Rose Theatre Company, among others.
- Tonya has coached dialects for productions at Woolly Mammoth Theatre Company, Theater J, Rep Stage, Round House Theatre, and more.
- Two-time recipient of the DC Council on the Arts & Humanities Individual Arts & Humanities Fellowship
- Helen Hayes Award Ensemble nominee
Tonya is a company member at Taffety Punk Theatre Company. www.tonyabeckman.com.
This season, Tonya will appear in Riot Grrrls OTHELLO at Taffety Punk Theatre Company Sept 19-Oct 12, THE CURIOUS INCIDENT OF THE DOG IN THE NIGHTTIME at Round House Theatre Nov 20-Dec 22, and then SPRING AWAKENING, also at Round House Theatre, Jan 22-Feb 24, 2020.
She has a BFA in Acting from University of Wisconsin-Stevens Point, and an MFA from the Professional Actor Training Program at Ohio University.