- Part-Time Professor of Theatre- Acting,
Theatre & Dance Program
- XX 101
- [email protected]
Tonya Beckman is an AEA/SAG-AFTRA actor and dialect coach.
- Helen Hayes Award nomination for Outstanding Lead Actress in a Play for The Skin of Our Teeth at Constellation Theatre
- She's appeared on stages all over the DC area as well as regionally, including Shakespeare Theatre Company, Kennedy Center, Folger Theatre, Arena Stage, Ford's Theatre, Cleveland Play House, Cincinnati Playhouse, Studio Theatre, and Purple Rose Theatre Company, among others.
- Tonya has coached dialects for productions at Woolly Mammoth Theatre Company, Theater J, Rep Stage, Round House Theatre, and more.
- Two-time recipient of the DC Council on the Arts & Humanities Individual Arts & Humanities Fellowship
- Helen Hayes Award Ensemble nominee
Tonya is a company member at Taffety Punk Theatre Company. www.tonyabeckman.com.
Mentor, Theatre Washington's Theatre Work Program
Mentor, StateraArts' Statera Mentorship Program
Dialect coach for Compulsion or the House Behind at Theater J, January 2022
She has a BFA in Acting from University of Wisconsin-Stevens Point, and an MFA from the Professional Actor Training Program at Ohio University.