"Out of the Past," a panel discussion featuring experienced theater professionals, will take place on February 22 from 2:45- 3:45 PM in the Corcoran's Hammer Auditorium.
The Out of the Past forum brings together experienced theater professionals to ask why, when we confront contemporary crises in race, class, gender, and international political and ideological conflict, we keep returning to ancient works—in fact, it seems that the more theater and performance artists seek to confront the social and political crises of our times, the more they return to classical sources.
- Jenna Duncan, Associate Producer, Forum Theatre
- Otis Cortez Ramsey-Zöe, Dramaturg, Father Comes Home from the Wars, Parts 1,2 & 3, Round House Theatre
- Hannah Hessel Ratner, Audience Enrichment Manager, Shakespeare Theatre
- Joseph Ritsch, Director, The Antigone Project, Co-Producing Artistic Director, Rep Stage
- Jodi Kanter, Department of Theatre and Dance
- Bernard Welt, Corcoran School of the Arts and Design, Arts and Humanities
This program is made possible by the Corcoran Collaboration Initiative at the Columbian College.