- Associate Professor of Dance; Director, EJS Women's Leadership Program
- [email protected]
Mary Buckley is Associate Professor of Dance and Director of the EJS Women’s Leadership Program at George Washington University. She performed in Washington, New York, California and throughout England dancing in the works of many Washington based artists, among them Liz Lerman, Joseph Mills, Meriam Rosen, and Deborah Riley; and she was a member of Kickstart, a British based dance company directed by Virginia Taylor. Professor Buckley teaches in the Elizabeth J. Somers Women’s Leadership Program and she directs an Interdisciplinary Arts Seminar in Paris each June.
- Writing in the Disciplines, GWU Best Assignment Award, 2017
- Morton A Bender Award for Exceptional Teaching, GWU, 2013
- Elizabeth J Somers Leadership Award for Faculty, GWU, 2005
- “Malala and Leadership”. Contributor. I Am Malala: A Resource Guide for Educators, Little Brown and Company, 2014.
- “Performing Artists: Leading Women Who Broke the Mold”, contributing chapter, Gender and Women’s Leadership: A Reference Handbook, Sage Publishing, Karen O’Connor editor, 2010
- Capacity to Transform, Documentary Film-Women of India, official selection at “Reel Film Festival for Women,” Los Angeles, CA and “Women’s International Film Festival,” Miami FL 2009
BA in Mathematics, New Jersey City University
MA in Dance, George Washington University
- Affiliated Faculty, Global Women’s Institute, GWU
- Member, Academy of Distinguished Teachers, GWU