The Office of the Chief Administrative Officer (CAO) provides operations support services and business solutions to the community of 10,000 House Members, Officers, and staff. The CAO organization comprises more than 700 technical and administrative staff working in a variety of areas, including information technology, finance, budget management, human resources, payroll, childcare, food and vending, procurement, logistics and administrative counsel.
This paid internship** is located in the House Creative Services Department, Customer Experience Center (CEC), Office of the Chief Administrative Officer (CAO), U.S. House of Representatives (House). The Customer Experience Center communicates, markets, brands, and delivers customer service to the House community. House Creative Services is a one-stop shop for photography, videography, and creative service needs. This position does not have day-to-day supervisory/managerial responsibilities.
CAO-CEC is excited to provide a valuable professional experience for a budding student in the creative field. We will offer the internship the ability to (1) work directly with creative staff to capture photography, video and/or create graphic designs; (2) learn the internal workflow to support postproduction efforts to include dissemination of final products. This will include printing of physical products, posting to social media and various digital delivery systems. Specific projects: a photo or design intern will have the opportunity to support current photography tasks, such as weekly Instagram posts; a video intern will have the opportunity to work on capturing b-roll and stock footage, as with photo. Performs other official duties as assigned.
** paid at an annual rate of $32,308 not to exceed 120 days
- Currently pursuing a bachelor’s degree in a creative discipline specific to photography, video, and graphic design
- Proficiency in a creative discipline (photo, video, design)
- Must be able to work with all levels of a multifaceted workforce. Ability to multi-task and work well both independently and on a team required.
- Must be able to communicate effectively, both orally and in writing, as well as the ability to establish effective working relationships with senior staff and other high-ranking officials.
- Ideal candidate will be a results-oriented team player possessing an interest in public service.
*Continued employment is contingent upon satisfactorily completing a criminal history records check (or other applicable security clearance) and a pre-employment drug-test (pre-identified position only).