Melissa Demple Photography & Personal Brandtography™
Located in the Petworth neighborhood in NW Washington DC, MDP and Personal Brandtography™ specializes in Personal Branding Photography and Headshots. Our mission is to help passion-driven women entrepreneurs build their personal brands through the power of brand strategy and authentic photography.
We are looking for a project-based Capture One Digitech/Photography Assistant for on-location photo sessions and post-production. CaptureOne experience is very helpful; Lightroom & Photoshop experience and laptop is required. This is a client-facing position, so strong customer care experience and ethic is crucial.
The top candidate will be proactive, focused, responsible, exhibit a high degree of professionalism, be genuinely client service-oriented, and have a warm, friendly personality.
Work will be performed under a contracting arrangement with the selected candidate. Own transportation is required. Number of hours per week will vary based upon client bookings.
Capture One Digitech/Photography Assistant responsibilities during sessions include:
- Tethered capture with photographer, exposure and white balance correction during shoot, assign ratings and cull during shoot
- Backup images to second location simultaneously (original on hard drive plus backup of images on secondary drive is required)
- On-location setup and breakdown of lighting, scenes and props
- Carrying equipment and gear while on location
- Second set of eyes to identify any issues within the scene/setup and correcting them
- Ensuring client is comfortable and taken care of throughout the shoot
- Ability to assist client with setting up wardrobe and accessories plus helping client with outfit decisions during the shoot
- Handling any logistical issues that may come up before, during or after the shoot that need attention
- Professional interaction with clients and photographer at all times
- Proactively thinking about the clients experience and ensuring they are comfortable and they have everything they need
Post-production responsibilities will include:
- Image culling in CaptureOne
- Create gallery in Lightroom and upload culled images
- Initial basic edits in Lightroom
- Upload images to client galleries in Shootproof
- Hold retouch meeting with client to capture additional retouches beyond basic
- Perform basic retouching
- Export images in required formats/sizes
- Upload Lightroom catalog and associated files/images to Dropbox for QA before final delivery
- Desire/passion to stand behind and fulfill the company mission
- Dependability – absolutely essential
- Attention to detail and ability to focus
- A keen eye for reviewing the details within a scene and ability to make necessary adjustments (i.e., set design skill) is very helpful!
- Exceptional customer service skills – know how to keep a client happy throughout the session
- Ability to interact professionally with all types of personalities
- Ability to work quickly in a fast-paced environment
- Creative problem-solving skills
- Studio lighting experience is very helpful!
- CaptureOne experience is very helpful
- Lightroom experience – a good working knowledge of uploading, keywording, exposure, white balance, color adjustments and minor retouching adjustments
- Photoshop experience
- Flexibility and eagerness to learn new things
- A pleasant personality and positive attitude
- Ability to lift 30+lbs (to assist with carrying gear on location, setting up, and breaking down)
- Need own transportation to and from the studio and on-location shoots; sessions are often held in various locations around the DMV and may not be convenient to public transportation
- Your own laptop is required
To apply, please send a resume, your current day rate, and a cover letter explaining why you would be the best candidate to Melissa Henry (Founder). Application will not be considered without all information requested above.
Job Types: Part-time, Contract
Salary: $400.00 - $550.00 per day