- Adjunct Professorial Lecturer of Photography,
Studio Arts Program
- Room 116
- [email protected]
Todd Forsgren uses photography to examine themes of ecology, environmentalism, and perceptions of landscape while striving to strike a balance between art history and natural history. To do so, he employs a range of photographic approaches, from documentary strategies to experimental techniques.
His photographs have been featured in National Geographic, Slate, Wired, The Guardian, Nature, New Scientist, and TIME's Lightbox, and have been shown at numerous venues, including the Cleveland Museum of Art, the Noorderlicht Photography Festival, the Academy Art Museum, Carroll and Sons, Heiner Contemporary, and Jen Bekman Gallery.
- Nucleus: Imagining Science, curated by Wim Melis — Noorderlicht Photo Festival — Groningen, The Netherlands
- Ornithological Photographs — Montgomery College Art Gallery — Takoma Park, MD
- Seeing Science, curated by Marvin Heiferman — University of Maryland Baltimore County — Baltimore, MD
- 2013 – 2015 Saint Mary’s College of Maryland — Artist-in-Residence — St. Mary’s City, Maryland
- 2012 – 2014 Maryland Hall for the Creative Arts — Artist-in-Residence — Annapolis, Maryland
- 2013 — Keramické Studio — Artist-in-Residence — Kohoutov, Czech Republic.
- 2008 — Fulbright Fellowship to Mongolia — Ulaanbaatar, Mongolia
- 2006 The Artist Enclave at I-Park — Artist-in-Residence — East Haddam, CT
- 2005 – 2006 Sitka Center for Art and Ecology — Artist-in-Residence — Otis, Oregon
BA in Biology & Visual Arts, Bowdoin College
MFA in Photography, J.E. Purkyně University, Ústí nad Labem, Czech Republic