Graphic Design Fellow
September - December 2018
Solidarity Strategies is a multi-service, award-winning consulting firm that works for candidates, independent expenditures, PACs, and nonprofit organizations. Our firm is Latino-owned and operates in Washington, D.C. As a proud certified MBE minority-owned business vendor and 8(a) certified small business, we value diversity of ideas, backgrounds, and those values are portrayed in our team that comes from diverse backgrounds and work experiences.
We are looking for a graphic designer to join our progressive political consulting firm. This is a full-time 6-month paid fellowship based in Washington, D.C. Applicants with a Bachelor's degree in Graphic Design, Videography, Art, or a similar degree are preferred. Recent graduates are welcome to apply.
If you are creative, organized, and are looking to further your career in graphic design, please be sure to apply. Our fellowship also comes with networking opportunities at after-work events. Solidarity Strategies will provide a travel subsidy for metro commuters and the fellow will be paid a bi-weekly stipend of $500.
- Create unique images and graphics for a variety of projects, including presentations, event programs, advertisements, invitations, social media graphics and digital ads
- Film, edit, and publish short videos for social media
- Creating, placing and reporting paid social media ads on platforms like Facebook and Twitter
- Website maintenance of the firm and various clients
- Communicating with clients, meeting deadlines, and providing reports
- Proficient in Adobe Creative Suite, including Photoshop, InDesign, Illustrator, and Premier Pro.
- Proficient in Wix and WordPress
- Bilingual in English and Spanish (writing and reading)
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment
- Close attention to detail, especially with spelling and grammar
- Patient when given edits and open to feedback
- Creative and full of new ideas
How to Apply
Interested candidates should email a cover letter explaining your qualifications and interest in the position, as well as a resume, portfolio and writing sample (no more than 2 pages) to [email protected].