RHIZOME DC is a nonprofit performance and gallery space in Takoma DC (2 blocks from the Takoma Metro stop on the Red Line).
We need 1 - 2 interns to assist with our visual / new media / performance art programming.
The range of work we need help with is wide, so the work allotted to interns can be tailored to their interests and abilities.
For someone with initiative and creativity, this internship could be a rich opportunity to be involved in many aspects of running a small art space, including curatorial responsibilities.
Possible tasks include:
- helping generate ideas for shows
- helping write and publicize open calls
- helping select artists who respond to the open calls
- establishing and maintaining relationships with arts press
- helping install/de-install shows
- researching funding opportunities
- working with artists to come up with other programming related to their exhibitions -- workshops etc.
Right now this is an unpaid internship. Time commitment is negotiable.
Email [email protected]