Christian Daw Design, a boutique startup design firm based in Washington, DC, is seeking a paid Interior Design Intern. This opportunity is ideal for an aspiring interior designer who wants to get experience with a small, but rapidly growing, social media savvy firm.
Christian Daw is a newer residential designer with significant social media presence (about 2 million impressions each week on Instagram) and a growing portfolio. The right intern will work closely with Christian on all sorts of tasks, from assisting with design and sourcing, to blogging and building a strong ecommerce and web presence. You should be passionate about classically beautiful homes, a hard worker and creative thinker, have advanced technical and organizational skills, and the ability to develop strong client-vendor relationships. This special person will be able to manage multiple projects simultaneously and ready to roll up their sleeves to make a measurable impact on our firm and our clients’ projects. This is a great opportunity to gain a lot of startup exposure and learn about the day-to-day workings of a scrappy new design business, in a casual and tight-knit environment.
- Assist with designs and product sourcing, entering products, selecting finishes/fabrics, etc.
- Assist with design boards for client presentations as necessary
- Help develop AutoCAD, installation drawings, and rendering capabilities
- Create Design binders and client standards binders as necessary
- Help draft blog posts and source ecommerce items
- Various other tasks as necessary
- Have, or are pursuing, a degree in interior design, or significant related experience
- Desire to work in a scrappy, startup environment with a very small design team
- Have samples of design work/portfolio
- Knowledge of AutoCAD and Sketchup (Studio Designer and Photoshop a plus)
- Must be social media savvy (WordPress/blog, affiliate marketing experience a plus)
- Strong writing and communication skills
- Ability to multi-task and manage multiple deadlines
- Valid driver’s license (access to a vehicle a plus)
Job Type: Paid internship position is part-time and somewhat flexible in terms of total length of internship and schedule, but candidate should be available at least 2-3 days a week starting in January; office is located in Bloomingdale neighborhood of Washington, DC
To apply: Send cover letter, sample of work, and resume via email to [email protected]