The Episcopal Church of the Atonement in Washington, DC has an immediate opening (long termtemporary) for a Minister of Music. We’re looking for someone with the technical skill of electronicorgan and acoustic piano as well as the ability to work with the Rector and Choir to plan worshipand music ministry for the church and its members.
Duties and Responsibilities
1. Collaborate with clergy and choirs to select and prepare music for choral music used in Sunday worship and other worship services.
2. Provide and direct music for worship services at two Sunday services (8:30am and 11:00am), other worship services (occasional 10:00am service which replaces the two services).
3. Rehearse and direct the Senior Choir each Saturday until June.
4. Teach and integrate new songs to the church
5. Perform at funerals and weddings, as needed.
Skills and Qualifications
1. Bachelor’s degree (or candidate) in Music
2. Play the organ and piano
3. Experience, preferred, in liturgical tradition (Episcopal/Anglican), contemporary, and gospel/praise music
4. Ability to work with volunteer choir members
5. Ability to offer an inspiring worship experience through music
6. Must be dependable and have excellent communication skills
7. Self-motivated and self-starter with commitment to excellence
Submit your cover letter and CV/resume to [email protected].