The Junior Designer serves as a support designer under the direction of a Designer, Senior Designer, Art Director, Design Director or Managing Director of Creative. Our projects run the gamut from websites, to information design, to integrated communications campaigns, so the Junior Designer brings a multidisciplinary approach to design with an understanding of design systems. The Junior Designer position creates exposure to various aspects of our creative services to shape career advancement within our team in a direction that aligns with skills and interest.
What you'll do:
- Create visually-compelling digital and print deliverable components under the guidance of senior creative team members, demonstrating ability to balance design aesthetics with technical platform capabilities, limitations, and other constraints.
- Provide design support for integrated creative projects, involving a mix of branding, web, print, and data visualization/infographics—sometimes you will be executing portions of the deliverables yourself under the direction of a Designer, Senior Designer, Art Director, Design Director or Managing Director of Creative.
- Deliver projects on schedule and budget.
What you bring to the table:
- 1+ years professional design experience, with a considerable emphasis on web
- A portfolio site that clearly demonstrates your ability to deliver compelling design work for client projects.
- Attention to detail in design principles including color theory, interactivity, typography and photography.
- Expertise in Adobe Creative Suite a must (Sketch is ideal)
- Experience with UX Pin and Invision a plus.
- Ability to convey design concepts to internal teams and clients through design comps, working prototypes and style guides. Excellent written, verbal, and interpersonal communication skills.
- BA / BFA in Fine Arts, Graphic Design, Web Design, or a related field
Why you’ll love it here:
- All employees are owners
- 401(k) match
- 25 days paid time off to start
- Flexible work hours
- Killer benefits & professional development
- Amazing, world-changing clients
- Personal innovation budget
About Forum One:
Our team combines policy and passion to address the world’s most pressing problems. For nearly two decades we have focused our work on mission-driven, problem-solving organizations. Since 1996, we’ve been passionately committed to helping our clients extend their influence. We’re headquartered in Alexandria, VA and have offices in Seattle, WA and Washington, D.C.
For more information or to apply, click here.