- Professor of Printmaking
- Room B100q, Flagg Building
- [email protected]
Georgia Deal is Professor and Printmaking Area Coordinator at the GW Corcoran School of Arts and Design. Her area of expertise is in Intaglio, Mixed-Media and Photographic Print processes, along with Papermaking and Book Arts.
She has served as a resident printmaker at the Smithsonian American Art Museum and has taught at the Munson-Williams-Proctor Institute in Utica, NY. She has conducted workshops in printmaking and papermaking at the Penland School of Crafts, the Paper and Book Intensive in Oxbow, MI, the Haystack School, ME, and the Women’s Studio Workshop in Rosedale, NY among others. Her study-abroad courses include the University of Georgia’s Studies Abroad Program in Cortona, Italy, Santa Reparata Print Studio in Florence, Italy, the Skopelos Foundation for the Arts in Skopelos, Greece, and the Instituto des Bellas Artes in San Miguel de Allende, Mexico. Prof. Deal is a member of the Boards of Hand Papermaking Magazine, the Washington Print Club, the Skopelos Foundation of the Arts, in Skopelos, Greece, the Friends of Dard Hunter organization, and the Southern Graphics International Council.
Currently, her work is in the Collection of The Philadelphia Museum of Art, the Library of Congress, Duke Museum of Art, Yale University, and the National Library of New Zealand.
- 1986 residency, Yaddo Foundation
- 1984 residency, Lakeside Studios, Michigan
- 1986 and 1987 Residency, Pyramid Atlantic Center, Silver Spring, MD
- 1998, 2000, 2002, 2004, 2006, and 2008 Maryland State Individual Artist Grants
- 1983 grant, Washington Project for the Arts
- 1984 grant, New York State Council of the Arts
- 1998, 1999, 2000, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, and 2007, Prince George’s County Arts Grant
BA Fine Art, Virginia Tech, 1975
MFA Printmaking, University of Georgia, 1977
- Boards of Hand Papermaking Magazine
- The Washington Print Club
- The Skopelos Foundation of the Arts, Skopelos, Greece