AUGUST 27 – DECEMBER 7, 2018 (13 WEEKS)
Gallery 102 is seeking a motivated, professional, and efficient lead preparator and operations intern. The intern will work directly under the Director of Gallery 102 and will complete the following tasks:
- Oversees and manages the installation and de-installation of exhibitions.
- Maintains, organizes, and keeps inventory of the Gallery 102 Supply Closet, notifying the Director of any supply needs and/or other concerns.
- Maintains the physical space of Gallery 102, ensuring a clean and presentable space for every exhibition and programmed event.
- Oversees and manages other volunteer preparators. Including, but not limited to, scheduling volunteers for every install and de-install, ensuring adequate support, etc. Serves as liaison between volunteer preparators and Co-Chairs/Director.
- Coordinates routine cleaning of Gallery 102 including repainting of walls back to white, cleaning of floors, windows, and window sills.
- Coordinates and meets with curators, co-chairs, and/or Director to determine special installation requirements and/or materials needed for each installation. If any requests are required, they must be submitted to the Director in a timely manner.
- Helps, when necessary, in opening and closing the physical space and staffing programmed events.
- Performs other work related duties as assigned. The omission of specific duties does not preclude the supervisor from assigning duties that are logically related to the position.
To be considered, please send a cover letter and CV to [email protected]. Cover letter should indicate past relevant experience. Applications are due Monday August 6, 2018 COB.