Gallery 102 is seeking a motivated, professional, and efficient lead preparator and operations intern. The intern will work directly under the Director of Gallery 102 and will complete the following tasks:
- Oversees and manages the installation and de-installation of exhibitions.
- Maintains, organizes, and keeps inventory of the Gallery 102 Supply Closet, notifying the Director of any supply needs and/or other concerns.
- Maintains the physical space of Gallery 102, ensuring a clean and presentable space for every exhibition and programmed event.
- Oversees and manages other volunteer preparators. Including, but not limited to, scheduling volunteers for every install and de-install, ensuring adequate support, etc. Serves as liaison between volunteer preparators and Co-Chairs/Director.
- Coordinates routine cleaning of Gallery 102 including repainting of walls back to white, cleaning of floors, windows, and window sills.
- Coordinates and meets with curators, co-chairs, and/or Director to determine special installation requirements and/or materials needed for each installation. If any requests are required, they must be submitted to the Director in a timely manner.
- Helps, when necessary, in opening and closing the physical space and staffing programmed events.
- Performs other work related duties as assigned. The omission of specific duties does not preclude the supervisor from assigning duties that are logically related to the position.