Gallery 102 is seeking a motivated, professional, and efficient communications intern. The intern will work directly under the Director of Gallery 102 and will complete the following tasks:
- Prepares, manages, and sends all press releases for Gallery 102, including exhibition announcements, opening/closing receptions, performances, artist talks, and other programmed events.
- Coordinates with curators, curatorial intern, and other associated parties to gather all information for press releases, Facebook events, and other PR materials.
- Works directly with graphic designer to acquire needed information, graphics, and PR materials to use on press releases, Instagram, and Facebook.
- Prepares and sends correspondence to news outlets, magazines, and publications in order to request reviews, and exhibition mentions.
- Oversees and manages the Gallery 102 Instagram and Facebook. Including, but not limited to, creating individual Instagram posts, Instagram stories, and Facebook events for all programmed events - all in conjunction with the support and guidance of the Director.
- Develops and executes social media campaigns that highlight current and future exhibitions, DMV-area artists, arts at GW, Corcoran alumni, and BTS footage of both Gallery 102 and the Student Exhibitions Committee.
- Helps, when necessary, in opening and closing the physical space and staffing programmed events.
- Performs other work related duties as assigned. The omission of specific duties does not preclude the supervisor from assigning duties that are logically related to the position.