AUGUST 27 – DECEMBER 7, 2018 (13 WEEKS)
Gallery 102 is seeking a motivated, professional, and efficient communications intern. The intern will work directly under the Director of Gallery 102 and will complete the following tasks:
- Prepares, manages, and sends all press releases for Gallery 102, including exhibition announcements, opening/closing receptions, performances, artist talks, and other programmed events.
- Coordinates with curators, curatorial intern, and other associated parties to gather all information for press releases, Facebook events, and other PR materials.
- Works directly with graphic designer to acquire needed information, graphics, and PR materials to use on press releases, Instagram, and Facebook.
- Prepares and sends correspondence to news outlets, magazines, and publications in order to request reviews, and exhibition mentions.
- Oversees and manages the Gallery 102 Instagram and Facebook. Including, but not limited to, creating individual Instagram posts, Instagram stories, and Facebook events for all programmed events - all in conjunction with the support and guidance of the Director.
- Develops and executes social media campaigns that highlight current and future exhibitions, DMV-area artists, arts at GW, Corcoran alumni, and BTS footage of both Gallery 102 and the Student Exhibitions Committee.
- Helps, when necessary, in opening and closing the physical space and staffing programmed events.
- Performs other work related duties as assigned. The omission of specific duties does not preclude the supervisor from assigning duties that are logically related to the position.
To be considered, please send a cover letter and CV to [email protected]. Cover letter should indicate past relevant experience. Applications are due Monday August 6, 2018 COB.