Goodwin House Bailey’s Crossroads, a residential living community for older adults in Falls Church, VA., has a new opening for a Creative Arts Coordinator we are looking to fill immediately. Candidates can apply directly on our website https://www.goodwinhouse.org/
ABOUT GOODWIN HOUSE
Goodwin House Incorporated is a 5-star, faith-based, nonprofit Life Plan Community with locations in Alexandria, Virginia and Falls Church, Virginia, and Home and Community Services that serve people outside the Life Plan Communities. GHI is known for its integrity, innovation and excellence in caring for older adults along life’s continuum, growth opportunities, and benefits.
GHI creates communities where residents and staff alike enjoy a rich, fulfilling life through a range of programs and services. Responsibilities include developing and conducting classes and/or workshops in fine arts, overseeing art center contractors, selecting artists from the community to exhibit in a museum-quality art gallery, organizing artistic films/lectures and other artistic expression (i.e. painting, drawing, pottery, crafts, etc.) Must be comfortable working with all levels of interest, ability and function. Provides an atmosphere for education and appreciation of the arts as a means of self-expression and enrichment.
- Degree in art, art therapy, or related discipline from an accredited college, university, or art institute with additional training in advanced art, humanities, or related discipline
- Minimum of two years’ experience in conducting artistic classes, workshops, and/or programs required.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills required.
- Must have computer skills in basic word processing.
- Must possess the ability to deal tactfully with others.
- Art gallery curator experience preferred.
- Requires a functional knowledge of Alzheimer’s disease, dementia and other cognitive impairments and an understanding of the psycho social and behavioral challenges faced by individuals-in-care and their family members.