- Adjunct Professorial Lecturer of Exhibition Design & Graphics
Ashley Hornish is an exhibition designer at the Smithsonian's National Air and Space Museum. Her childhood dream was to be an astronaut and go to Mars, so working at the Museum is the next best thing. Ashley enjoys taking photographs of nature, exploring new places, and rollerblading on the Mt. Vernon trail. Professor Hornish teaches Museum Exhibition Design with Barbara Brennan.
Current Outside Position
Professor Hornish is an exhibition designer at the Smithsonian National Air and Space Museum. She is currently the design manager for five new exhibitions that will be opening as part of NASM’s transformation project.
- Design manager and graphic designer for the Boeing Milestones of Flight Hall, which debuted in July 2016
- Designed the exhibit graphics and companion book for Time and Navigation, a permanent exhibition at NASM
She has designed other temporary exhibits including:
- Fly Marines!
- Spirit & Opportunity: 10 Years Roving Across Mars
- Many other graphic design projects
BFA in Graphic Design, Ohio Northern University
MA in Museum Studies, The George Washington University
- Smithsonian PEEPS